Mission: To support academic achievement through athletics
Scholar Athletes (SA) is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization that was launched in 2009 with the support of former Boston mayor Thomas M. Menino and former Boston Public Schools (BPS) Superintendent Dr. Carol Johnson, in response to a series of Boston Globe articles that identified deficiencies within BPS’ athletic programming. With Suffolk Construction’s CEO John Fish as the founder, SA is a multimillion-dollar program designed to reduce the opportunity gap for urban public high school students and pursues this vision across 23 high schools in Boston, Springfield and Everett.
Department: Scholar Athletes
Reporting To: Media Manager
Reporting the Media Manager, the Marketing Intern will assist in creating content across all platforms. As an intern within our Development Department, the Marketing Intern will help produce original outreach for social media, assuring the highest quality and creativity for day-to-day content creation. Additionally, this person will assist with various Development team initiatives as assigned
• Designing email, website and marketing graphics and content for platforms such as social media, WordPress and collateral; in collaboration with the Media Manager
• Visualizing data for the creation of maps, graphics, reports, and presentations for marketing, and organizational outreach
• Assisting with promotion of SA events including design of event-related communications and on-site printed elements.
• Conduct research and provide support for Media Manager
• Attend weekly meetings and contribute to marketing efforts for SA as needed
• Facilitate independent projects as assigned.
• Attend organizational events and post in real time as needed.
• Contribute to the creation of social media strategy and posting
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office suite and various social media platforms
• Ideal candidate has an interest in event planning, marketing, communications, or philanthropy
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills and speaking
• Must have the ability to perform various administrative duties, including talking on the phone
• Must be able to stand for extended periods and perform various on-location tasks
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to SAJobinfo@WeAreSA.org